Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Crazies dans la Paris (Crazies in the city) :)

Soooo anyways… Not too much to be excited about today… I went to class learned a lot came home and took a nap.. I was (past tense) a little sleepy… I think though that all my friends are sleeping… so… I wont get any emails from them until later… but I did write some really long ones and those tend to take a while for responding… its not that my friends are slow readers its just that they like to write back with appropriate responses.. At least that is what I keep telling myself. Maybe they are just slow readers… (hee hee)

I did witness some oddities toady: the first one is a bit simple and not that extraordinary. A man with a little lack of hygiene tried to talk to us today. (Crazies are easy to find on the streets) He tried his best to get us to talk to him and then said with a very puzzled look on his face… “Are you Irish?”... We just kept going. I feel so out of place ignoring people but it is best not to talk to a crazy… My funniest memory so far of a crazy was: the other day going home a little later than usual. We saw a man at a metro stop (not the same man of course) He was very dirty, with long dirty hair and a dirty hat… He walked in a very odd fashion. He walks up to a vending machine leans himself on it like he needed it to hold him up and then he laughs hysterically. His laugh was remarkably convincing, like someone had just told him the best joke of his life! Then just as suddenly as he started the laugh, he quit. I could not see his face. It was underneath the hair/hat fashion statement he was making… It was like he totally forgot what he was laughing about. All of us at the Metro stop eased away from him. Not moving to quickly, but really wanting to have some safer distance from the man. Then he remembered what he was laughing about and laughed again. He must have repeated the action about 3 times before the train arrived to take us away. The second oddity I saw today besides the “are you Irish?” man was a, I will call him the “fire man”. This older man looking totally sane had made a little fire in the metro. I don’t think he was trying to get warm. He was really just trying to burn up an official looking document. He would pick it up and move it so it was burned up as much as possible. After the paper was no longer readable and almost reduced to ash he stomped it out and went on his way. For the life of me I cannot think what it was the he burned. Maybe it was a bill that he could not pay and did not want anyone to see any information on it like is address or something. I just thought it was totally odd…

Type to you later,
Jase

2 comments:

la dame autoritaire said...

I was lookin' for some crazy people. . . have ya seen any?? lol. You had to go all the way to France to see some crazy people and I've got all the crazy people I need right here in my own house! jk ;)

~Katelyn

Jason Whaley said...

LOL very funny!! I love that phrase "have you seen any" LOL