Thursday, July 26, 2007

Last test was yesterday :)

So just a quick note... The last test was yesterday :) I got a 15 out of 20... and that is not too bad. Oddly enough 10 out of 20.. would be an F back home, but the French way of doing tests: 50% is passing... so I guess I got an A :) Tests here are not added up the same. You have will have a section worth 5 points and in that section you might have to write 10 sentences or so… Each spelling error or grammar error will take off as much as one point. Its very easy to miss 3 points out of a 5 point section, but either way I am passing with a good grade and all my homework has words like.. “Bien” or “Bon et sérieux travail! … Travailler is a verb for work… not weeping I thought some of you might find that a little humorous ;)

I am very excited because we have now covered 3 verb tenses!
1) Le futur proche (near future)
2) Le futur Simple (future)
3) L’impératif (Imperfect tense used for giving commands or suggestions. This would be my friend Kate’s favourite one especially the commanding kind LOL ha ha ha jk jk jk)

Today we are supposed to go over past tense!!! Yeah!!! I am so excited to learn these tenses. All the vocabulary we are learning with the tenses adds up to a lot!

Less that a week left of Paris! I have mixed feelings. I want to stay and I want to come home. Its going to be so fun to be back in the US again… Yeah for Wal*Mart and Kohl’s and Taco Bell lol lol ;) :):):):):):)

-Jase

2 comments:

la dame autoritaire said...

Who is this friend, Kate, that you speak of? Surely I have no idea who she is. . .I wonder if she and I would get along well. . .probably not if you say that she would like to use the command form. . .yeah, that's just totally NOT my style. hehe

Congrats on your last test! :) I'm loving not having any tests to study for yet! :) I know that when school starts back up again, I'll be swamped. :)

ttyl~
Katelyn

Jason Whaley said...

Hi Katelyn,

Well I don't think you would like Kate. She is really really bossy... JK JK JK JK... I think it was something from her childhood. She was bossy then and no one would obey her, so she is making up for lost time by bossing all of her friends.. JK JK JK JK...

-Jase